Your Child isin Safe Hands
Our Care Policy
Coastal Childcare is committed to providing quality care for your child.
All our carers are committed to delivering the best care in line with our Policy.
Developmental Need of Children
1. Provide a warm, caring and loving environment for children.
2. Respect the uniqueness and talents of each child.
3. Plan developmentally appropriate play and learning experiences.
4. Enhance each child’s self esteem and independence.
5. Provide safe and healthy care for children.
6. Maximum FOUR children per sitter
7. Recognise children’s interests and provide for their needs
8. Encourage communication skills and help children to interact effectively.
Interaction with Parents/Employers
1. Meet with the family if necessary before the booking and obtain if not already provided a
completed agreement of work.
2. Develop positive and effective communication with the family.
3. Show sensitivity to the family’s situations, individual needs and support them in their
task of nurturing children.
4. Respect the family’s confidentiality and right to privacy.
5. Work in partnership with the parents in child rearing practices and respect their culture
6. Keep individual record and health documentation.
7. Perform duties as negotiated and keep to routine times.
Personal Development and Professionalism
1. Maintain high standard of professional conduct.
2. Update qualifications including 1st Aid Training and continue to undertake professional
3. Maintain an appropriate appearance, be a language model and demonstrate manners.
4. Use initiative and evaluate programs and work practices.
5. Work within Child Care Regulations and duty of care, this includes having a current
Working with Children’s Check. WWC
6. Understand the limits of competence and work within them.
Phone: 0428 835 156 (Sheryl)
Servicing the Port Fairy & Warrnambool Regions